RE: [Swarm-Support] Help getting started

From: master-kage
Subject: RE: [Swarm-Support] Help getting started
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 00:02:28 +0000

Ahh, thanks for explaining that, it makes sense now. However, this leads me to a new issue. Cygwin has now unzipped the file into the C:\cygwin\home\Stephen folder, making a new folder called "heatbug-block", and now the next step the website says here:

http://www.swarm.org/index.php?title=Swarm:_applications

is to "Change directories into the newly unzipped directory of source code (in a Linux terminal window or, if using Windows, in Cygwin)."
Would I change directories to "/cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/Stephen" or "/cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/Stephen/heatbug-block", or a third option that hasn't occurred to me? Either way, when I try to carry out the third step and compile the program by entering "make" I get this error:
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

>From the website, that sounds like it may be that SWARMHOME is not set correctly, but I have checked and I have made an environmental variable called SWARMHOME with the value "C:\Cygwin\usr"

Again, thank you to everyone who has given me advice with this.