Re: [Worg] CSS improvements

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [Worg] CSS improvements
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 08:56:11 +0000

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

>> I am not sure if centered text should stand out.
>> AFAIU, you want to add this style for the sole purpose of highlighting
>
> What is the purpose of centering text if not to make it stand out?

To align text. I am not sure why anything more is necessary - it
is certainly counter-intuitive for me that "center" means something more
than just alignment.

If you need extra highlighting, we may introduce a dedicated style and
apply it via special block.

>> FYI, we usually do
>>
>> : "Should I use one big Org file or many small ones?"
>>
>> to make text stand out.
>
> Yes, but that makes it source code, which makes it monospaced, which is
> not appropriate except for source code.

Agree.
Having some kind of style equivalent to beamer "alert" will be useful.

> Besides, the .org-center class is not even styled right now, so it isn't
> even given a unique appearance on Worg right now.  So why not use it
> this way?

Mostly because it is unexpected, as I described above.
I'd prefer to stick closer to the semantics and just apply alignment to
center blocks.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,