koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Blocking an account

From: Jerome Vizcaino
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Blocking an account
Date: Wed Jun 4 06:20:18 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 11:10, Chris Cormack wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 10:15:53AM +0200, Jerome Vizcaino said:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm trying to figure out how to block a user account so that he cannot
> > borrow books. I've found a flag labeled "Borrow books" in Koha 1.9.3 but
> > unticking it and applying doesn't seem to block the account : using the
> > librarian account (super user) I still can borrow books for the
> > specified user without any warning or message telling that the user
> > cannot borrow books.
> > Am I doing something wrong or should I report a bug ?
> >
> Hi Jerome.

I used to have such an option (to modify a user account) but, after a
CVS update, the option has disappeared.
When I was able to modify the user (before CVS update) there was no
option to debarre a user.

> If you go to the moremember.pl page, do you get an option to modify the
> borrower information? EG change the borrowers name or address etc.
> At the bottom of the modify page, there should be an option to debarr
> (block) a borrower.

The options I have now is to Delete, Change Password or Modify User
Flags. In the Modify User Flags option I tried to untick the "Borrow
books" option but after the changes was done, the user could still
borrow books....

> Let me know if you get the modify option. I think there might be a bug in
> the template.

I think so... Most of the fields present in the borrowers table doesn't
seem to be configurable via the intranet interface :(

> Chris
> --
> Chris Cormack                                                     Programmer
> 027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
> address@hidden                                          www.katipo.co.nz

Thanks

Jerome