koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Blocking an account

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Blocking an account
Date: Thu Jun 5 02:29:02 2003

Cc to Chris, that is welcomed to confirm :-) (he's the best at circulation code for instance)

Jerome Vizcaino wrote:

Hi

What should I do ?
Opinions are diverging... Who's right ?

The Truth is somewhere else :-D

Thanks
Jerome
On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 16:47, Tonnesen Steve wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, paul POULAIN wrote:
ALL options in this page are related to librarian interface.
That's in the user main page that I want to change the link name.
The "patron" options seems to have been cleared by a stupid cut/paste, they were somewhere else.
The screen you refer to is ONLY for librarian.
Paul:

I think the problem is that none of those "flags" are functional yet.  The
_intention_ of the "Borrow books" flag is exactly what Jerome was looking
for.  If a patron does not have the "Borrow books" flag then a warning
_should_ get displayed when they try to borrow books.  However, at the
present time, this is not done.  Only the "superlibrarian" flag is used to
limit access to the librarian pages.

Steve.
We both are wrong imho.
the "borrow books" flag means "can this user enter the borrow-book part of Koha". Flags are tested when the template is called. If the user does not have the flag set, a nice "sorry koha think you can't access to this page". I don't agree it's not used. There are places where the checking is done on a wrong flag, but it's always done, as it's integrated in template opening.

How are we supposed to check a borrower can borrow a book ?
We look at borrower table, fields debarred, gonenoaddress and lost.
the check is in C4/Circulation/Cirec2.pm, line 611 :
       if ($patroninformation->{'gonenoaddress'}) {
           $rejected="Patron is gone, with no known address.";
           last SWITCH;
       }
       if ($patroninformation->{'lost'}) {
           $rejected="Patron's card has been reported lost.";
           last SWITCH;
       }
       if ($patroninformation->{'debarred'}) {
           $rejected="Patron is Debarred";