koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Blocking an account

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Blocking an account
Date: Thu Jun 5 02:23:08 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:13:36AM +0200, paul POULAIN said:

> Cc to Chris, that is welcomed to confirm :-) (he's the best at
> circulation code for instance)

Yep the bug is in the modify user page, its lost the area where you can set
a patron debarred.
Also the moremember template has a bug which is stopping the option to
modify showing.

Ill fix it as soon as i get a chance

Chris

> Jerome Vizcaino wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >What should I do ?
> >Opinions are diverging... Who's right ?
> >
> The Truth is somewhere else :-D
>
> >Thanks
> >Jerome

> >>Paul:
> >>
> >>I think the problem is that none of those "flags" are functional yet.  The
> >>_intention_ of the "Borrow books" flag is exactly what Jerome was looking
> >>for.  If a patron does not have the "Borrow books" flag then a warning
> >>_should_ get displayed when they try to borrow books.  However, at the
> >>present time, this is not done.  Only the "superlibrarian" flag is used to
> >>limit access to the librarian pages.
> >>
> >>Steve.
> >>

> We both are wrong imho.
> the "borrow books" flag means "can this user enter the borrow-book part
> of Koha". Flags are tested when the template is called. If the user does
> not have the flag set, a nice "sorry koha think you can't access to this
> page". I don't agree it's not used. There are places where the checking
> is done on a wrong flag, but it's always done, as it's integrated in
> template opening.
>
> How are we supposed to check a borrower can borrow a book ?
> We look at borrower table, fields debarred, gonenoaddress and lost.
> the check is in C4/Circulation/Cirec2.pm, line 611 :
>        if ($patroninformation->{'gonenoaddress'}) {
>            $rejected="Patron is gone, with no known address.";
>            last SWITCH;
>        }
>        if ($patroninformation->{'lost'}) {
>            $rejected="Patron's card has been reported lost.";
>            last SWITCH;
>        }
>        if ($patroninformation->{'debarred'}) {
>            $rejected="Patron is Debarred";
>            last SWITCH;
>        }
> It seems there is a bug here.
>
> --
> Paul POULAIN
> Consultant ind?pendant en logiciels libres
> responsable francophone de koha (SIGB libre http://www.koha-fr.org)

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
address@hidden                                          www.katipo.co.nz