Re: Re[2]: [paragui-users] access restriction to theme archive

From: Andrew Ford
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [paragui-users] access restriction to theme archive
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:52:25 -0700 (PDT)

That would be neat, but it would be easier for him to
just encrypt his files, zip them, and decrypt them on
load.  He would have to hack paragui to support it
automatically, but at least he wouldn't have to delve
into zlib.  One possibility is to use a magic number
at the start of every encrypted file, and hack the
paragui file-reads to make them aware that they have
to use a key to decrypt the content when they see the
magic number at the start of a file.  For that matter,
it would be better to hack a version of physfs that
did the decryption mostly transparently to paragui
(you'd still have to provide a key), since then there
is only a single point that you have to change physfs.

Andrew.