Re: [paragui-users] ParaGUI && Embedded C++

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] ParaGUI && Embedded C++
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:41:18 -0700 (PDT)

(real quick I made oopsy)

On 26 Jul 2003, Mark Junker wrote:

> > Embedded C++ omits the following features which are useful, but not
> > necessary in an embedded environment:
>
> >    * new-style casts
> You're right, this is not allowed because it relys on RTTI.

oops too asleep when I read this.   This would have to be macrod - new
compilers -require- this feature...
Sorry.  Anyways this is possible...

> > - if it's removed , what the reason to write on C++ ????
> Because you have objects and virtual functions. However, you can use plain C
> with function pointers but it's not very readable.

I've done it.  hrm....
Actually I prefer C with (well-written) function pointers/etc to C++...
more extensible and easier to interact with non-C/C++ systems.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis