Re: [paragui-users] ParaGUI && Embedded C++

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] ParaGUI && Embedded C++
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:01:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Roger D. Vargas wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Teunis Peters wrote:
>

> > > Well, why not to change the callback system? In gameprogrammer list
> > > somebody suggested using messages instead of callbacks. Less intrusive I
> > > think, simply widgets emit messages according to the event and in your app
> > > you check for paragui messages like you check for events. Requires a LOT
> > > of changes, but it is an idea.
> >
> > complete rewrite more or less.  hrm... *thinking*
> Indeed. But one of the programming rules says you must be able to throw
> away all your code and start again from scratch (easy to say when it is
> not YOUR code).

well I've started on a rewrite.  Could take a bit - I'll post a download
when it's ready.  Complete rewrite in C.  Probably make it a bit more
modular too.  *grin*
Don't even know if it'll work - that's why I'm -not- posting updates until
I have it a bit more together.
(I'm going to get going on updated devel-opengl to match current 'new'
trunk as well... see if that fixes anything :)

ParaGUI is -big- codebase.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis