Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 11:24:14 +0200

On Fri, 3 May 2002 09:47:58 +0000 Nils Hesse wrote:

> > First of all, I'm using automake 1.4 here.
> i got 1.5... only one i can have... would that make a difference?

I shouldn't think so. The newer the better, in general.

> all GNU related tools (including the auto- tools) sit in /sw ... as a
> result, all their related stuff is installed there... which means
> /sw/share/aclocal has way more in it that /usr/share/aclocal ... so
> that can't be the problem...

Unless they have /usr/share/aclocal compiled in for some reason. You can
specify directories where it shall look for macros with the -I switch.
So you might try if 'autoconf -I /sw/share/aclocal' makes a difference.
There's also a -v switch to make it more verbose.

> > As far as the packages go that contain the macros:
> Hmpf... I do have *most* of those packages...
>
> This is very strange... it seams almost as if the auto- tools just
> aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing (or what is supposed
> to be defining macros? do i need a special scripting language
> installed?)... is there any verbose mode I can use to check this? Or
> even better, can I configure/make without them?

I think if you copy the configure script Alex gave you into your
adonthell directory again, you shouldn't need them. As long as you don't
make changes to any of the input files, none of the auto- tools are
launched.