Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 16:19:36 +0200

On Fri, 3 May 2002 14:45:26 +0000 Nils Hesse wrote:

> Did that... no additional errors during runtime. However, when doing
> the make install, I noticed the prefix seemed to be a bit... whoozy..
> example:
>
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./search_chest.pyc
> ./share/adonthell/games/wastesedge/scripts/game_events/search_chest.p
> yc

That looks like the old problem once again. What does 'adonthell -d'
say? Something like './share/adonthell' I fear, which means it's got the
wrong prefix compiled in.

Because of that, your data doesn't end up in the right place and even if
you would move it to the right place, adonthell would still be unable to
find it.

You can try running 'adonthell -g /path/to/data' though. Either give the
path to your wastesedge package, or the directory where it ended up
after installing it.

The question is, why is your prefix messed up? That didn't happen when
you compiled 0.3.2, did it? Can you have a look at the top of some
Makefile (src/Makefile) for example and look how prefix is defined there
(around line 19)? Is that the prefix you passed to configure?