Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 19:24:26 +0200

On Fri, 3 May 2002 18:04:13 +0000 Nils Hesse wrote:

> That might be a little difficult (out-of-the box) since one of the
> packages needed, swig, is a little tricky to get going... plus, I
> don't think there's anyway of getting around dselect... but I'm sure
> that somewhere along the line we'll get there :)

Hm. SWIG isn't needed as long as no changes are made to the code (and as
long as you are not using the code from CVS). Some sort of README.OSX
with your experiences would be of great help for the people that want to
compile it themselves.

What I meant however is a binary package that would come with all the
required libraries (either statically linked) or included in the
package. Don't know if that is possible, but it would be the best
solution, I think. We'll have to see.

> > Did you try out the fullscreen mode btw?
> How do I enable that?

You'll need to edit the $HOME/.adonthell/adonthellrc file. (There is a
$HOME directory under OS X, right?). The file is commented well, so
you'll know what to do when you see it.

> I have them ready, but they're 500 KB each... I'll send 'em to you
> privately.

Cool. Then locating and fixing the error shouldn't be that hard.