Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 17:43:07 +0200

On Fri, 3 May 2002 16:07:00 +0000 Nils Hesse wrote:

> guess what? You're right.... umm... how can I change this in the
> configure.in of WE? I do not have the patience to go through ALL of WE
> Makefiles and change the adonthelldatadir variable.... when I run the
> ./configure script of WE it comes up with:
>
> checking for adonthell... /sw/bin/adonthell
> checking for Adonthell data directory... ./share/adonthell

The problem is, WE configure gets the data directory from the adonthell
executable by running 'adonthell -d'. So even if you would change WE
configure, adonthell itself wouldn't have the proper path to the data
compiled in.

To fix the path that get's compiled into adonthell, please try the
following:

configure --prefix=/sw --datadir=/sw/share --enable-py-debug

Once you are recompiling, have a look how DATADIR is defined. If it is
/sw/share/adonthell then you are fine. Otherwise you'll have to edit
src/Makefile and set the DATADIR yourself. Once recompiled, check with
'adonthell -d' that the data directory is still correct.

Then you can reconfigure WE. If adonthell contains the proper data
directory, WE should configure and install fine.