Re: [Adonthell-devel] Color weirdness fixed (?)

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Color weirdness fixed (?)
Date: 04 May 2002 18:10:03 +0200

> > You were right... i tried compiling again and it worked. But the
> > colour problem is still there :( looks exactly the same as before...
> > and also, i tried full-screen mode but no luck there either.
>
> In that case, could you have a look please, Alex? Don't know what else
> could be wrong.

That's it, actually. But I'd say the masks you gave were a bit wrong.

I got this intuition by deduction: I took your image.cc file and
inverted the endianness condition. It didn't run exactly as on the
screenshot you sent me. Especially the alpha mask wasn't good, as it
appeared as full green (and on the shot, the alpha mask was correct - so
there were no reason to change it). So I just inverted the RGB
components, and I had on my machine exactly the same result as the
screenshot. So I guess (but I might be wrong) that on a big endian
machine you'll have the opposite result, that is, correct colors.

Nils, could you please have another try with the image.cc file I've
attached? In case it fails, please send me a screenshot privately.
Please also be carefull not to make it too big - less than 200kb, as I
only have a RTC connection here! :)

> As for the fullscreen mode, maybe it is the same problem as under
> Windows. We'll know more once fullscreen works there.

Yeah, I'd bet these issues are related. Anyway, SDL's documentation
clearly points out the fact that switching fullscreen is only supported
on X11. So I guess the best we can do is to set fullscreen at video mode
setting time, and forget about in-game switching.