[Adonthell-general] notes for adonthell-tools

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: [Adonthell-general] notes for adonthell-tools
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 08:53:37 +0530

Hi all,
       For the first time I was trying to build out adonthell-tools.
This is what the output was telling me/asking me to do.

When I ran ./autogen.sh this is the output I got .

/usr/local/src/adonthell-tools$ ./autogen.shlibtoolize: putting
auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `.'.
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
libtoolize: `AC_PROG_RANLIB' is rendered obsolete by `LT_INIT'
Copying file ABOUT-NLS
Copying file ./config.rpath
Not copying intl/ directory.
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in
Copying file po/Makevars.template
Copying file po/Rules-quot
Copying file po/boldquot.sed
Copying file po/address@hidden
Copying file po/address@hidden
Copying file po/insert-header.sin
Copying file po/quot.sed
Copying file po/remove-potcdate.sin
Copying file m4/gettext.m4
Copying file m4/iconv.m4
Copying file m4/lib-ld.m4
Copying file m4/lib-link.m4
Copying file m4/lib-prefix.m4
Copying file m4/nls.m4
Copying file m4/po.m4
Copying file m4/progtest.m4

Please run 'aclocal -I m4' to regenerate the aclocal.m4 file.
You need aclocal from GNU automake 1.9 (or newer) to do this.
Then run 'autoconf' to regenerate the configure file.

You might also want to copy the convenience header file gettext.h
from the /usr/share/gettext directory into your package.
It is a wrapper around <libintl.h> that implements the configure --disable-nls
option.

Press Return to acknowledge the previous two paragraphs.

test/Makefile.am:6: variable `backendtest_SOURCES' is defined but no program or
test/Makefile.am:6: library has `backendtest' as canonical name (possible typo)
test/Makefile.am:7: variable `backendtest_LDADD' is defined but no program or
test/Makefile.am:7: library has `backendtest' as canonical name (possible typo)
Makefile.am:3: AM_GNU_GETTEXT used but `po' not in SUBDIRS

Now type './configure' to prepare Adonthell for compilation.
Afterwards, 'make' will build Adonthell.

Reading the above, I first copied the existing aclocal.m4 file as
aclocal-old.m4 and after regenerating aclocal.m4, named the new one as
aclocal.m4-new.m4 .

Attaching both, diff did not find any difference between the two aclocal's .

Then also copied the configure script/file to configure-old and after
running 'autoconf' made another 'configure-new'  .

As before there was no difference between the two files.

I also did copy the /usr/share/gettext/gettext.h

Sharing all the files as attachments .

/usr/local/src/adonthell-tools$ cp aclocal.m4 aclocal-old.m4

/usr/local/src/adonthell-tools$ aclocal -I m4

/usr/local/src/adonthell-tools$ cp aclocal.m4 aclocal-new.m4

/usr/local/src/adonthell-tools$ cp configure configure-old

/usr/local/src/adonthell-tools$ autoconf

/usr/local/src/adonthell-tools$ cp configure configure-new

Just notes about from before running the ./configure
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल