Re: [Adonthell-general] notes for adonthell-tools

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] notes for adonthell-tools
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 03:13:17 +0530

In-line :-

2011/7/12 Kai Sterker <address@hidden>:
> 2011/7/11 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:
>
>> Should I have :-
>>
>> a. ignored the message/warning that ./autogen.sh spits out
>> b. Do the copying of gettext.h anytime I make a new
>> adonthell-tools-build directory.
>
> Apart from pressing enter the one time it asks you, ignoring the
> messages will do no harm.

Ok, understood.

<snipped>

>> Now how do I use/test/see the tools. I do not really know what tools
>> there are and how can one see them.
>
> The tools do not get installed yet (with the exception of dlgedit), so
> to see them, you'll have to run them from inside their respective
> source directories:
>
> src/dlgedit, src/modeller, src/mapedit.

Ah ok. You left out one, the quest editor, but yes they are all good.

Attaching all the screenshots. Maybe they can be used somewhere (on
the wiki or somewhere else)

> Some additional information can be found on the Wiki:
>
>  http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tools:Contents
>
> Running the tools is very similar to running worldtest. Usually you
> need the -g flag with the path to a data directory. And where you
> would just specify the game for worldtest, you use -p <game> for the
> tools. (think "project"). Then you can specifiy a file to open as the
> editor starts, but you can also browse from the file menu once the
> editor is running.
>
> So, for example, to start mapedit to modify the wastesedge map, you'd
> run from inside tools-build/src/mapedit
>
>  ./mapedit -g ../../../ -p wastesedge ../../../wastesedge/redwyne-inn.xml

Basically something like this :-

/usr/local/src/adonthell-tools-build/src/modeller$ ./modeller -g
../../../ -p wastesedge ../../../wastesedge/redwyne-inn.xml

The only difference is in the last directory .

./mapedit -g ../../../ -p wastesedge ../../../wastesedge/redwyne-inn.xml
./modeller -g ../../../ -p wastesedge ../../../wastesedge/redwyne-inn.xml
./questedit -g ../../../ -p wastesedge ../../../wastesedge/redwyne-inn.xml
./dlgedit -g ../../../ -p wastesedge ../../../wastesedge/redwyne-inn.xml

I did however the dlgedit when looking at that dialog flow and was
impressed about how it looked.

> Oh, and be sure to take an update of wastesedge beforehand, otherwise
> it will most likely crash.

did that.

> For dlgedit, you'll find examples to look at in wastesedge/
> scripts/dialogues/src/ and for modeller you'd want wastesedge/models
> or wastesedge/models48 for the new-style graphics.

saw those.

>> I probably may bother you (or not) during wastesedge as well .
>
> Right now that does not contain anything that needs to be built or
> installed. All you can do is substitute "wastesedge" as the game
> package when running worldtest, and you'll get a glimpse of the map,
> although with outdated graphics. I believe you saw that already.

ah ok, right.

> Kai

Thank you for your help. If nothing else, at least can follow what you
guys are doing.

Thanks again.
--
          Regards,