Re: [Adonthell-general] notes for adonthell-tools

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] notes for adonthell-tools
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:04:00 +0530

Additional at bottom :-

2011/7/11 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,
>       For the first time I was trying to build out adonthell-tools.
> This is what the output was telling me/asking me to do.
>
> When I ran ./autogen.sh this is the output I got .
>
> /usr/local/src/adonthell-tools$ ./autogen.shlibtoolize: putting
> auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `.'.
> libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
> libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
> libtoolize: `AC_PROG_RANLIB' is rendered obsolete by `LT_INIT'
> Copying file ABOUT-NLS
> Copying file ./config.rpath
> Not copying intl/ directory.
> Copying file po/Makefile.in.in
> Copying file po/Makevars.template
> Copying file po/Rules-quot
> Copying file po/boldquot.sed
> Copying file po/address@hidden
> Copying file po/address@hidden
> Copying file po/insert-header.sin
> Copying file po/quot.sed
> Copying file po/remove-potcdate.sin
> Copying file m4/gettext.m4
> Copying file m4/iconv.m4
> Copying file m4/lib-ld.m4
> Copying file m4/lib-link.m4
> Copying file m4/lib-prefix.m4
> Copying file m4/nls.m4
> Copying file m4/po.m4
> Copying file m4/progtest.m4
>
> Please run 'aclocal -I m4' to regenerate the aclocal.m4 file.
> You need aclocal from GNU automake 1.9 (or newer) to do this.
> Then run 'autoconf' to regenerate the configure file.
>
> You might also want to copy the convenience header file gettext.h
> from the /usr/share/gettext directory into your package.
> It is a wrapper around <libintl.h> that implements the configure --disable-nls
> option.
>
> Press Return to acknowledge the previous two paragraphs.
>

> test/Makefile.am:6: variable `backendtest_SOURCES' is defined but no program
> or
> test/Makefile.am:6: library has `backendtest' as canonical name (possible
> typo)
> test/Makefile.am:7: variable `backendtest_LDADD' is defined but no program or
> test/Makefile.am:7: library has `backendtest' as canonical name (possible
> typo)
> Makefile.am:3: AM_GNU_GETTEXT used but `po' not in SUBDIRS
>
> Now type './configure' to prepare Adonthell for compilation.
> Afterwards, 'make' will build Adonthell.
>
> Reading the above, I first copied the existing aclocal.m4 file as
> aclocal-old.m4 and after regenerating aclocal.m4, named the new one as
> aclocal.m4-new.m4 .
>
> Attaching both, diff did not find any difference between the two aclocal's .
>
> Then also copied the configure script/file to configure-old and after
> running 'autoconf' made another 'configure-new'  .
>
> As before there was no difference between the two files.

> [...]

The make process of adonthell-tools also seem to have been plagued by
the same issue as adonthell was (same issue or something different ? )

Attaching the config.log from adonthell-tools-build.

Here were the instructions I followed :-

/usr/local/src/adonthell-tools$./autogen.sh

 /usr/local/src/adonthell-tools$.mkdir ../adonthell-tools-build && cd
../adonthell-tools-build

/usr/local/src/adonthell-tools-build$ ../adonthell-tools/configure
--prefix=/usr/local

/usr/local/src/adonthell-tools-build$ make

Notes about ./autogen.sh I have already shared above in a separate mail.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल