Re: [Audio-video] [Liberté 0] Re: http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm2

From: Armony ALTINIER
Subject: Re: [Audio-video] [Liberté 0] Re: http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm2013/Samuel_Thibault_Jean-Philippe_Mengual-Freedom_0_for_everybody_really_.text
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:03:53 +0200

On 18 juillet 2014 04:32:34 HAEC, Luca Saiu <address@hidden> wrote:
>What really saddens me in this situation is that we are generating bad
>feelings over a purely linguistic issue.  As I'm sure everybody has
>understood at this point, I happen to like the people involved, or at
>least the ones I met.  They're really nice people.
>
>Still I agree with Richard that we have to express our philosophy in a
>clear and unambiguous way -- we are a minority and often
>misrepresented,
>so it's important to reach out effectively.
>

>Is it so important for you to redefine freedom #0?  Can't you say, for
>example, something like "Help me enjoy freedom #0 as well"?  You could
>still use the same domain name.

This situation saddens me too... Our purpose is to promote accessible free
software to make the freedom brought by free softwares accessible for everyone,
regardless one's ability.

We will not change the name neither the domain name, because it makes sense to
us. But we could find a way to conciliate our respective goals.

I already proposed to Richard to check if our presentation of our association's
goal is explicit enough, not ambiguous and doesn't create confusion with the
freedom #0 of the GPL license. This proposition remains.

I don't see what more we could do, except changing our mission, which is not
possible, because it's fair and too many people count on us now.

Freedom is the necessary basis for "Liberté", accessibility is the essential
part to achieve "Égalité" and "Fraternité".

We will continue to promote Free Software anyway. Hope you will help us to
promote it for everyone.

Librement,
Armony