Re: [Audio-video] http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm2013/Samuel_Thibau

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Audio-video] http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm2013/Samuel_Thibault_Jean-Philippe_Mengual-Freedom_0_for_everybody_really_.text
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 11:49:33 -0400

    ok. Why couldn't we have a common approach saying: Yes, your
    program is free giving to the user the four fundamental freedoms
    against oppression by State. But to go beyond the oppression,
    maximize the freedom 0 consequence and make a program promoting
    freedom, equality, brotherhood (fraternity), it should be designed
    to be potentially accessible by any user.

Change that a little and we would agree with it.  But when we discuss this,
people keep making statements that equate lack of accessibility with
subjugating users.  It's too bad.  If you don't believe that, why say it?

If you could systematically refrain from making such statements, we
would have no conflict.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation