Re: [avr-chat] AVR Studio under VirtualBox, anyone?

From: Toan Pham
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR Studio under VirtualBox, anyone?
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:58:39 -0400

Well,

I've been looking into Virtual machines for development work on
different platforms (Linux/Win) and targets (Micro, PLs etc); and i
found that Virtualbox is very unstable.
Many times, it would just lockup while accessing network share
folders, periphirals or doing nothing.
As the result, I found that VMWare is much more reliable, and the fact
that you can take snapshots
of the vmware image is very useful.

Toan