Re: [avr-chat] AVR Studio under VirtualBox, anyone?

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR Studio under VirtualBox, anyone?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:06:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Graham Davies wrote:

Hmm. So, maybe I should try Linux as the host operating system, not Windows. With a bit of foresight, I actually left two physical partitions empty on my boot drive to contain a Linux filesystem and swap. I just need to find the time and the courage to do the installation (courage because I don't want to lose the ability to boot my Windows installations).

Do the backups anyway, but don't worry too much.
Linux installers play well with others.
I have Fedora 9 dual-booted with Windows on my box at home.
It would have been F10, but I've read that the F10 installer is a horror:
a horror to users.
So far as I know, it won't destroy partitions you don't tell it to.

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.