Re: [avr-chat] AVR Studio under VirtualBox, anyone?

From: Graham Davies
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR Studio under VirtualBox, anyone?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:43:58 -0400

Bob Paddock wrote:.
"I have run Studio in VirtualBox on my Gentoo Linux box.
I found no issues in the little I did with Studio."

Do you happen to recall whether that "little" included debugging with, say, a JTAG ICE or AVR Dragon?

And:
"Only thing I find annoying .... when doing nightly backups you
end up backing up this huge file everyday ..."

Well, I just exclude this file from my backups (I use NTBackup). As I use the virtual machine for software development, everything gets checked in to my revision control system (I use QVCS) and that serves as a backup. I haven't tried this, but I suppose you could also run a backup from within the virtual machine.

Graham.