Re: [avr-chat] AVR Studio under VirtualBox, anyone?

From: Haberler Michael
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR Studio under VirtualBox, anyone?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:28:35 +0100

Am 13.03.2009 um 13:43 schrieb Graham Davies:

Do you happen to recall whether that "little" included debugging with, say, a JTAG ICE or AVR Dragon?

I'm using virtualbox 2.1.4 on Mac OS X Leopard; running AVR Studio with no issues.

I've used a JTAG mkII clone from Propox and a JTAGICE MKII from AVR. No problems to report.

I also use some other Windows-only apps, like the http://www.pctestinstruments.com/ logic analyzer just fine.

--

Before using Virtualbox I used Parallels, but I dumped it after the upgrade from 3 to 4, which was both ridiculously priced and buggy where it mattered to me, namely USB support. To this day Linux under Parallels cannot use any USB mass storage like an USB stick. This is a known bug since almost a year, and was NOT fixed in the 3->4 upgrade for $79 (original price was around $50). But they threw in a useless moonlight animation for suspend/resume and run marketing surveys with idiotic questions - thanks and goodbye.

I've also tried VMware, but Virtualbox is both free and stable - good enough for me running my few apps

-Michael