dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Sony DRU-500A: Cannot even burn DVD+/-Rs

From: Matthew S. Hallacy
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Sony DRU-500A: Cannot even burn DVD+/-Rs
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:14:16 -0600

dvdrtools does not support the DRU-500A, cdrecord-prodvd _does_ support it
in the very latest version (2.0)

http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/utils/misc/schilling/cdrecord/ProDVD/cdrecord-prodvd-2.0-i586-pc-linux-gnu

cdrecord-prodvd dev=0,0,0 -vv foo.iso

don't bother with -dao, it'll figure that out on its own.

(I have the same drive as you, same firmware rev. too)

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 02:38:04PM +0000, Dominique Alessandri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would anybody have clue what's going wrong here? When using
> cdrecord-ProDVD I get similar output (command sequence error etc.).
>
> For an empty DVD-R I get the following (regardless whether I use -dummy or
> not):

[snip]