dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Re: Weird "scsibus" assignment -- WAS: Sony DRU-500A:

From: Matthew S. Hallacy
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: Weird "scsibus" assignment -- WAS: Sony DRU-500A: Cannot even burn DVD+/-Rs
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:53:39 -0600

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 04:28:53PM +0000, Dominique Alessandri wrote:

> The question is why the 'log sense' and all the other commands are
> considered to be 'Illegal Request(s)'.

I was receiving these errors until I upgraded to cdrecord-prodvd 2.0,
what kind of DVD media are you attempting to write to (brand, speed,
DVD RW or just R?)

And of course, what filesystem are you attempting to write to the
DVD? Also, do you have the correct version of mkisofs, the one that
comes with redhat isn't new enough. (get the one that's in the latest
cdrtools on the same website as cdrecord)

> BTW, using stock RedHat cdrecord the drive burns CDs just fine.

I experienced the same behavior.