dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: Weird "scsibus" assignment -- WAS: Sony DRU-50

From: Arndt Schoenewald
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: Weird "scsibus" assignment -- WAS: Sony DRU-500A: Cannot even burn DVD+/-Rs
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:16:29 +0100

Hi Dominique,

I doubt very much that your problems had anything to do with the version
of mkisofs you were using. cdrecord-prodvd does not care at all what the
image file contains that it writes to the disk.

However, cdrecord-prodvd (at least the current 2.0 version) was made for
writing DVD-R and DVD-RW disks, and if you use it to write DVD+R and
DVD+RW disks, anything can happen. I would have assumed that it would
simply fail (as it in fact does with most drives), but as you said, on
the DRU500 it seems to work somewhat, with some strange effects (i.e.,
-dummy not working).

Upshot: Use the dvd+rw-tools (http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/)
to write DVD+R and DVD+RW disks.

Good luck,