dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Sony DRU-500A: Cannot even burn DVD+/-Rs

From: Greg Madden
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Sony DRU-500A: Cannot even burn DVD+/-Rs
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 02:08:39 -0900

On Saturday 25 January 2003 12:08 am, Dominique Alessandri wrote:
> There is a scsi controller on that system that uses device 2.
> Seemingly devices 0 and 1 are not used. The Sony drive gets mapped on
> scsi device 3 using the hda=ide-scsi kernel boot option.
>
> I don't believe this to be a problem. However, if it should be the
> problem, I wonder how it could be fixed and/or circumvented.
>
> Dominique
>
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Connie Sieh wrote:
> > I see that your device is 3,0,0 .  What kind of ide controller is
> > this? There have been issues cdr type devices on Promise controls.

If I may interject, your command line say to use "dev=0,0,0' the error
mesage says it tried to use dev=3,0,0. Ide-scsi turns ide controllers
into scsi controllers. The first number is the scsi bus id, so it appears
there is a mismatch between what you want to use and what prodvd wants to
use. Do you have three scsi bus's ? The comand 'cdrecord -scanbus' will
list the number of bus's and the device locations.

--
Greg Madden