Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: 28 Aug 2002 12:58:36 +0200

> On 28 Aug 2002 17:54:40 +0900, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > We shouldn't just add every new feature that comes to mind, without
> > giving it a bit of debate.  Saying `well you can rebind it' is rather
> > lame...
>
> In fact, if Fn/Fn+1 isn't made default for kmacro functions, I think
> I'll bind them to that ASAP... but I still think they *shouldn't* be
> default.

I don't understand... you like the binding to function keys, but you
don't like that to be easily accessible to new users.  Why not?

To me, the function key binding issue seems more religious than practical.

> The documentation should suggest the bindings, as other packages do. A
> user is not going to know how to use macros/kmacro without reading it
> anyway.

Really ?

Hm, yes.  The documentation for C-h k f3 should be improved to briefly
explain what keyboard macros are all about.