Re: [RFA] Console based mouse face highlighting.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [RFA] Console based mouse face highlighting.
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:59:36 -0400

>> > I can't easily add an extra argument to write_glyphs as it's called in many
>> > places.
>>
>> But it sounds like all of them but one should be called with that
>> argument zero, so it shouldn't be too hard to convert them.  Am I
>> missing something?

> Well it means changes to write_glyphs and rif->write_glyphs in a dozen or so
> places in dispnew.c, and a change to x_write_glyph in xdisp.c at least (and
> perhaps w32con_write_glyphs).  If you're comfortable with those changes and
> still think it's the right approach, I'll do that.

It doesn't seem like it'd be a big problem as such.  But I do wonder why
this is necessary now, even though it hasn't been necessary until now for
all other places where we support mouse highlighting.  So a bit of
argumentation that explains why this situation is different seems in order.
It might also help understand the code, so I'd recommend to put it
in comments.

        Stefan