Re: [Fsfe-uk] Meeting

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Meeting
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 13:31:51 +0000

Hi all again!

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 08:16:05AM +0000, marc wrote:
> guess, that we (MJR and I) have to live with it. Should we thus fix the date
> of the event as
>
>   Sun, 18th Nov, from 11am to $\approx$ 5pm ?

OK, since nobody complained about it, I fixed the date. We do have the room
N604 in the North Wing of Aston University in Birmingham on the 18th of
November from 11am to 5pm. Since the room is not booked by anyone else on
that day, there is no real time limit. There is also no catering, but we
could go to a pub or anything else for lunch break, if we want to. I
checked, that I was quite bad in guessing the number of seats as 20. There
are actually 33 chairs in the room.

So, what I need to know now, is who's coming? Since it is on a Sunday and
the university is locked, I will have to advice security of the names of the
participants in advance, so that they will let you in through the night
entrance. Could everyone please drop me a short note, who intends to come?
Maybe it would be good, if you include from where you come, so that some
people could go together or be picked up on the way to save costs?

Who's going to take care of the agenda? Are we still sure, that we don't
want to try to get Georg to that meeting? Oh yes and another idea: Those who
have OpenPGP keys, bring your fingerprint and some ID with you. Then we can
sign our keys and establish a small web of trust for exchanging information
later on.

How to find Aston University? Check here: http://www.aston.ac.uk/contact/

Further infos about Birmingham? Check here: http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/

Anything else I forgot? Hope to see you all in about two weeks!

Bye,
Marc

email: address@hidden
email: address@hidden, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/