Re: [Fsfe-uk] Meeting

From: Alasdair G Kergon
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Meeting
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:20:17 +0000

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 04:33:36PM +0100, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> Theoretically it would be a great idea to come to the meeting and it
> would make sense, I guess. I probably could make it time-wise, but the
> FSF Europe does not even have the finances to pay my full salary at
> the moment - so it cannot afford paying for my flight.

> As usual I'm willing to "speak for flight" but this is most certainly
> on too short notice to organize something.
Not necessarily - it's worth exploring the practicalities of this option
and determining what *minimum* financial contribution would be needed for
this to happen.  Then we can see if it's possible to raise the money.

Could anyone find a suitable venue in Birmingham at no/low cost for a talk
on Saturday (preferably, or else Friday/Monday)?

Whereabouts would you be flying from (Hamburg?) - what's the cheapest
suitable travel option available?

What about accommodation?

An abstract for a suitable talk?

Alasdair