Re: [Fsfe-uk] Meeting

From: Alasdair G Kergon
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Meeting
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 14:24:28 +0000

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 02:46:08PM +0100, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> I don't know whether this really makes a lot of sense on such short
> notice
By giving a talk, as you indicated in your original message, you are
making it possible to get contributions from sponsors in the UK towards
your expenses.

> There is a ~200 EUR connection HAM-BHX that would bring me to
> Birmingham on Friday 16th at 10:40 and my flight back would leave on
> Monday 19th at 7:00. I do not know Birmingham (or the location of its
> airport), so I cannot tell whether this would work out.

If we can now:
  (1) find a venue where you could speak (for example)
      mid/late-afternoon/evening Saturday;
  (2) have an abstract for a suitable talk;
that'll give us a concrete proposal to present to possible sponsors.

Alasdair