Re: [Fsfe-uk] Meeting

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Meeting
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:46:08 +0100

Hi all,

 || On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:20:17 +0000
 || Alasdair G Kergon <address@hidden> wrote:

 agk> [...]
 agk> determining what *minimum* financial contribution would be
 agk> needed for this to happen.  Then we can see if it's possible to
 agk> raise the money.

This depends on the airfare, of course.

 agk> Could anyone find a suitable venue in Birmingham at no/low cost
 agk> for a talk on Saturday (preferably, or else Friday/Monday)?

I don't know whether this really makes a lot of sense on such short
notice - there probably would not be a whole lot of people being able
to make it, so we should save ourselves the trouble and rather use our
time and energy on the preparation of UK activities and private
discussions, because that is something that will only be possible
that weekend, it seems.

There is a ~200 EUR connection HAM-BHX that would bring me to
Birmingham on Friday 16th at 10:40 and my flight back would leave on
Monday 19th at 7:00. I do not know Birmingham (or the location of its
airport), so I cannot tell whether this would work out.

Marc has been so nice to offer his place for me to stay at, so
accomodation would not be a problem, it seems. I just don't know
whether these times are possible for him and whether there are
reasonable ways of getting to/from the airport in time.

Since this is rather short-term planning, I'm currently considering
my options; the decision will have to be made until Friday.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <address@hidden>