Re: [Fsfe-uk] Meeting

From: Alasdair G Kergon
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Meeting
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:08:17 +0000

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 02:41:52PM +0000, Alex Hudson wrote:
> I too think this might be a little short notice.
I think the deadline for having *everything* in place from the organisational
point of view would be ~tomorrow lunchtime.

I have mentioned this to my UKUUG colleagues today and they have expressed
preliminary interest in UKUUG assisting with a talk, but I have to put
together a firm proposal in order to take it any further.  (In the past,
UKUUG has arranged talks in London on weekday evenings, so this would be
something of an experiment for UKUUG - outside London and at a weekend.)

> What do you think?
I think Georg's direct input at this early stage would be very helpful,
(for example providing us with short-cuts through discussions that he's
encountered before in similar contexts).

Alasdair