Re: [Fsfe-uk] Why FS is a Good Thing

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Why FS is a Good Thing
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:12:04 +0000

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 07:42:01PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Well, we probably need to avoid the false friends, that is true, but I think
> seeing a leaflet go out without mentioning GNU would be a shame.  Probably I
> was trying to put it in in the wrong way, though.

I too think, that it is important to refer to GNU/Linux instead of Linux. I
would personally never distribute information, that doesn't use the proper
name. Also keep in mind, that the Hurd might replace the Linux kernel or
offer a choice in the future. And never forget, that the GNU GPL is the
legal framework covering both the GNU project and the Linux kernel. Thus it
really belongs in the name and it definitely should be part of our message.

Bye,
Marc

email: address@hidden
email: address@hidden, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/