RE: [Fsfe-uk] RFC: Sponsorship

From: MJ Ray
Subject: RE: [Fsfe-uk] RFC: Sponsorship
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:11:37 +0100

On 2003-10-14 16:46:22 +0100 Chris Puttick <address@hidden> wrote:
[...] on thin ice with UKFSN customers and trading standards.

UKFSN hosts Schoolforge-UK. Chris is publicity officer for Schoolforge-UK. Although I'm sure that this wouldn't bias either Chris or Jason, Chris should be familiar with UKFSN and the history of this topic, so it seems strange that Chris would threaten UKFSN with trading standards action. Is this email really from Chris?

Funding software
and funding political activity are very different things.

Not all AFFS activities are political, although some of our aims are. I think it would be easy to argue that AFFS qualifies as a free software project (or maybe several), although I will not do so for this purpose.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden