Re: [Fsfe-uk] RFC: Sponsorship

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] RFC: Sponsorship
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:46:12 +0100

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 03:17:43AM +0100, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> I think this is a pretty important issue, so I've been running
> it around my head.

Thanks!

> Here's my suggestion:
[...]

I pretty much agree with your idea.

> Does this sound like a good approach?

The only shortcoming is, that some companies insists on more PR for them.

I'm personnally more and more convinced, that we should rather turn a
sponsor down than being abused for their own PR. This will loose us some
donations, but I'm more than willing to accept this.

It also avoids all the trouble of the right wording and size of boxes on
printed material right from the beginning. It's a trade-off. Do we want
donations under any circumstances or do we want donors to accept our strict
rules?

Thanks,
Marc

email: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden