Re: [Fsfe-uk] RFC: Sponsorship

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] RFC: Sponsorship
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:31:20 +0100

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 01:27:39AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> If we are not going to list in numerical order somehow, perhaps either
> "most recent first" or a random order would be better.  As you said,
> listings predictably near the end may be less attractive and I don't
> see why Zeke Z ZZitz[*] should be discouraged.

But we also don't want to overcomplicate things. What about one page per
calender month in alphabetic order? That way the page should be short enough
to have all donors for one month on the screen at the same time. Donors can
then link directly to this page (probably even to an anchor within the page
www.affs.org.uk/donors/October.html#companyxyz) to prove they've donated to
us. It might also encourage some to donate on a regular basis and allows us
to give more recognition to sponsors like Positive Internet as they would be
listed every month as a donor. After one year the system will start to roll
over the page from the month a year before, which automatically removes
entries after one year. Does that sound sensible? Should be fairly easy to
do as it requires only changes to one single page once per month.

Thanks,
Marc

email: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
email: address@hidden, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/