Re: [Fsfe-uk] Activity

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Activity
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:19:59 +0000

On Friday 27 February 2009 11:45:54 Alex Hudson wrote:
> I did ask that you don't quote me on the figure of five people still
> having paid money: in any event I'm not sure it matters. I'm happy to
> give you a more informed response to your queries, but please don't take
> my informal responses as such.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex.

I am trying to ascertain who is still a member of the AFFS in order that it
can either be re-invigourted or closed down by its remaining subscribing
members. Please remember that I am one of those whose money is still going
into a bank account to pay my membership subscription.

I would refer you to my earlier post which contained the following, "It was
the responsibility of the Treasurer of the AFFS to stop taking
monies by Direct Debit, but that would have required that the AFFS be
wound up, or the member expelled, in the case of Standing orders the bank
could have been asked to return them, but the same two conditions on
winding up and expulsion would still have applied. However that is a
separate issue from the lack of notice to members that the AFFS has been
wound up, unless of course it hasn't, and to do so would have needed an
Extraordinary General Meeting, for which notice would have needed to be
given to the members. I received no such notice, was one sent? Was an
Extraordinary General Meeting winding up the AFFS held?"

Would you have been the Secretary or Chairman at the time who failed to
send required notice to the still existing members? Has the £1000.00
donation been applied to its specified purpose?

Are you still a subscribing member of the AFFS, Do you have any knowledge
of the balance in the AFFS Bank account?

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/