Re: Fwd: [Gnash-dev] FLTK GUI

From: Tonko Juricic
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Gnash-dev] FLTK GUI
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:40:04 -0500

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:
>  But on win32, yeah, I think the true solution is to aim for adding
> native GUI support for win32, whatever that is.

Very happy but exhausted from eternal recompilations and relinking let
me announce that grawity.swf is running on my Windows machine! It
bounces for real!
I got both SDLl and FLTK2 GUIs working and the menus in the latter one
do what they are supposed to do. This is in contrast to gnash 0.8.3
binary Windows distribution that uses GTK port which crashes on my
machine as soon as I click on any menu.

All the compliments to you guys for building such a portable piece of
software. Majority of things that I had to deal with were 'mechanical'
issues, rather then requiring any particular cleverness on my side.

A minor disappointment (later) was that bouncing yellow smiley face
didn't look good in BGRA32 agg pixel mode. Of course, I would want to
keep the alpha plane for subsequent work. For now I hope to do some
code cleanup, based on diffs that I did and/or will send, along
Benjamin's suggestions, and more testing.  From the perspective of
distribution, at this experimental early stage,  it all boils down to
a 10 new *.vcproj files and one Gnash.sln file containing all these
projects. I should probably document the dependencies used and how
they have to be organized for successful building and running. strk
says it is a bug but I had to link to all graphics file format libs in
addition to freetype, FLTK or SDL and XML one. On the media side I am
using FFmpeg but it is statically linked in, in contrast to previous
libraries which are used as shared dlls.