[Gnash-dev] Re: Fwd: FLTK GUI

From: Tonko
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: Fwd: FLTK GUI
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:55:16 -0500

Dossy Shiobara wrote:
Tonko Juricic wrote:
On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:
 But on win32, yeah, I think the true solution is to aim for adding
native GUI support for win32, whatever that is.
Very happy but exhausted from eternal recompilations and relinking let
me announce that grawity.swf is running on my Windows machine! It
bounces for real!

Congratulations!

I would like to see a wx GUI - again, portable across platforms and on
Win32, uses native Win32 UI elements.

Yes. I was in a hurry to get something running and displaying SWF files but it really makes perfect sense to use native Win32 UI elements on Windows. For example, when using FLTK menu to open a file it shows really bad looking open file dialog and then it doesn't open the file! Nothing happens and I am, so far, forced to open swf files by passing command line parameter. Menus also look clunky and mouse dragging with zoomhenge.swf is poorly responsive.

Finally, I would like to make also a 'standard' IE plugin version of Gnash, which means ActiveX support.