Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: 29 Sep 2003 23:20:22 -0700

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 23:04, Davide Libenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Robert Anderson wrote:
>
> >     What I don't understand is why you seem to think this means you need
> > "explicit" mode.  Can you explain that part?  In other words, please
> > explain why "tagline" mode is insufficient for your needs.
>
> It'll work when tricks are applied (not recognize untagged thingies). But
> at that point why would I need tagline at all ? I'll never use the tag-line:
> feature in my sources. Look, is like saying that you want to eat some
> pineapple. You can either buy a pineapple cake (tagline) and throw away
> tha cake (tag-line: feature) or you can just buy the pineapple (explicit).

As I've just said in another post, it is not a "trick" any more than any
inventory parameter is a "trick."

And I think a better analogy is someone is willing to give you $5 or
$10, but today's lunch only costs $5.  Which do you want?

But, this is all silliness now.  The point has been made:

"strict commits" is NOT a selection criteria for "explicit" tagging
mode.

Bob