Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla changes --diffs question

From: andreif
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla changes --diffs question
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:14:48 +0200 (EET)

Quoting Jani Monoses <address@hidden>:

> address@hidden wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am a recent user of arch (using cygwin and
> tla 1.2.1)
> > and I find it excellent for my needs. One
> problem
> > though that I found is that when I do some
> changes
> > inside some file and issue a
> >      tla changes --diffs
> > I don't see just the changes made for _some_
> files, I
> > see the files almost in duplicate, first the
> old file
> > with - before each line and then the new file
> with +
> > before each line. Normally I think I should
> see just
> > the 2-3 changed lines, not the whole file ...
> anyone
> > knows why is that and what can I do to solve
> it ?
> Could be that line endings changed from unix to
> win and that causes the noise?
> I did not use tla under cygwin so it might be
> something particular to that port

Hi Jani,

I am indeed editing everything except the logfile under
Windows not using cygwin so each line ends with CR+LF,
but I don't see why this should matter to diff,
although is the only explanation that passes through my
head.

I also noticed that this behaviour is not for all
files, just for some of them.

Regards,
Andrei