Re: Alerts feature -- emails, RSS feeds, ...

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Alerts feature -- emails, RSS feeds, ...
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 20:33:14 +0200

Davi Leal wrote:
> Klaus Weiss wrote:
> > Will it collect present job offers with RSS?

> A cron job will query the data base and will send email to the entities.

I have looked at several job sites, and it seems they began to offer alerts
via email since several years ago. However, recently, they offer RSS feeds
too. I do not know how such RSS works. Maybe you have some idea ....

I think the email alerts are more important. Maybe I am mistaken?.

P.S. People who use the Git SCM, are used to share patchs before merging it to
the final Linus main line. We could do something similar, if needed, before
committing to CVS.

Davi