Re: Alerts feature -- emails, RSS feeds, ...

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Alerts feature -- emails, RSS feeds, ...
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 10:45:11 +0200 (CEST)

Klaus Weiss wrote:
> Yeah RSS support won't be such a huge thing. Generally speaking we only
> have to provide one XML file with the data.

> Well, the only hard job would be to generate those files.
> Perl provides modules for this issue - I don't know for PHP.
> We should make a decision if this feature is necessary for
> the next release.

If it is easy, we could add it for the next release.

Victor wrote that using XHTML at the presentation layer would make it
easier add RSS feeds. We have choosen to use "HTML 4.01 Strict" instead to
be able to support mobile devices. -- There is an email in the archive list
that explain it. Let the email list know if you think that rationale is
mistaken.

> We should also update our `Hacker's Guide' to make clear which diff
> format we want.

Would be better support _any_ diff format?. I do not know if supporting
_any_ diff format would be a problem.

Maybe we could support any diff format, but prefer some one. In such case
we could expose it, for example at the "How the development team and
production is integrated" hackers section, as you advise.

Davi