Re: Alerts feature -- emails, RSS feeds, ...

From: Victor Engmark
Subject: Re: Alerts feature -- emails, RSS feeds, ...
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 22:44:38 +0200

On 4/8/07, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
Davi Leal wrote:
> Klaus Weiss wrote:
> > Will it collect present job offers with RSS?

> A cron job will query the data base and will send email to the entities.

I have looked at several job sites, and it seems they began to offer alerts
via email since several years ago. However, recently, they offer RSS feeds
too. I do not know how such RSS works. Maybe you have some idea ....

I think the email alerts are more important. Maybe I am mistaken?.

They cater to different audiences, but I don't think either segment is 100% willing to use the other technology. So I guess we should do both.

By the way, has Atom already been excluded from the options?

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds profound