Re: Translation coordination

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Translation coordination
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:37:14 +0200

Klaus Weiss wrote:
> >  }The suggested formats to share source code among the
> >   developers are %1 or %2.{/t}

> I think there is nothing I could edit since the above
> instructions are quite common.

How the team is currently being coordinated about the translations
maintenance?.

  Spanish: Davi Leal (me)
           [Already updated at production]

  French: nobody yet. I do a random ask at Internet
          to get the new sentences translated.
          It would be great if the project gets
          a French translator.

  Italian: David Paleino,  Antenore Gatta as backup
           [Warning about updating already sent to David
            via the gnuherds Task Manager at Savannah]
           https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6172

  Portuguese: Duarte Loreto
              [Mail already sent to Duarte]

  Russian: This translation is yet under work by Nickolay.
           [We will synchronize later]

  German: It is not on-line yet. We suppose Ralf is working on it.
          [We will synchronize later]
          I think now it is better for the project, that you Klaus
          work on source code.

The steps to process the updated gettext PO files are, for example for
Spanish:

  cd locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES

  msgcat iso_3166.po iso_4217.po iso_639.po messages.po > result.po

  msgfmt result.po
  rm result.po

  # /etc/init.d/apache2 reload