Re: Alerts feature -- emails, RSS feeds, ...

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Alerts feature -- emails, RSS feeds, ...
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 11:58:25 +0200 (CEST)

Klaus Weiss wrote:
> > We have choosen to use "HTML 4.01 Strict" instead to
> > be able to support mobile devices. -- There is an email in the archive list
> > that explain it.
>
> I will read it.

This is the email
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2007-03/msg00040.html
so you do not need to search for anything. Sorry, I did not added it in
the previous email.

> > Would be better support _any_ diff format?. I do not know if supporting
> > _any_ diff format would be a problem.
>
> Usually it is a problem for the reviser.
>
> > Maybe we could support any diff format, but prefer some one. In such case
> > we could expose it, for example at the "How the development team and
> > production is integrated" hackers section, as you advise.
>
> Many projects tends to give information about the 'suggested' format.
> GCC for example prefers to use `cvs diff -c3p` or `diff -up OLD NEW`.

It seems you know more than me about this subject. Feel free to choose any
format or set of suggested formats and modify the comment I have
committed to that section of the Hacker's Guide.

 {t escape='no'
   1='<i>cvs diff -c3p</i>'
   2='<i>diff -up OLD NEW</i>'
 }The suggested formats to share source code among the
  developers are %1 or %2.{/t}