Re: [out of cvs]: Smarty, CakePHP, PDO, ...

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: [out of cvs]: Smarty, CakePHP, PDO, ...
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 23:33:13 +0200

Davi Leal wrote:
> Anyway, if there is something good from the design of the current
> architecture we could try to get it.

Another comment,

With the current architecture, as we do not modify the Smarty files, they are
out of the cvs repository.  I think we should try to keep out of the cvs
repository the 'external' source code, which we do modify.

Additionally, I think we should avoid the cost of maintaining a fork of such
projects.

With the current architecture, we load Smarty at:
   Layer-1__Page_builder/Web_Page.php
       require_once 'Smarty.class.php';

Our code can access it due to at the php.ini we have:
  include_path=".:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:
                  /usr/share/php/smarty/libs
                 :/usr/share/php/PEAR"

If we are going to use CakePHP, maybe we should try to keep it out of the
repository. Just use it, do not modify it for out taste.

Well, I am not sure. We could develop some wrapper to use some of its classes
if it is needed ... ?

Davi