help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] New to the list - SVCD BIN/CUE problem

From: Javier Hernandez
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] New to the list - SVCD BIN/CUE problem
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 07:46:10 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Jorgensen, Jens wrote:
> >>Well, when I've had problems it's been because the video I was playing
> >>was intentionally not within the strict SVCD spec. Might that apply to
> >>your video?
> >>
> >Maybe is that the reason. I have just started to build my mpeg's and so.
> Well, you need to make sure the data rate isn't more than 2.7888 Mbps
> and the decoder model has a motion video buffer size of 230K. The
> resolution must be 480x480 for NTSC, 480x576 for PAL. There's a maximum
> of 18 pictures per GOP for NTSC, 15 for PAL. There are some other flags
> restrictions for the PES packet header too.

I have checked some of the output produced by MPlayer:

480x576 => 768x576 Planar YV12 fs
44100Hz signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)

but I think it is not enought to determine the exact format.

> To sum it up the best way to make sure you're within constraints is to
> use tools that have presets for SVCD (as the mjpeg tools do). Also read
> the mjpeg howto which describes explicitly how to create SVCDs. I think
> it would be tough to check your existing mpeg files for compliance. I
> couldn't say how to proceed there.

I used Windows software for that purpose. Maybe I did a mistake during
the process. I would try to re-produce it again.

I have been reading many README, HOWTO, HINTS, etc about mjpeg tools, so
I am in the hope that soon I would be able to use them (or at least to try
them)
:-))

 - I do not like too much the need to have windows installed just for
this only purpose.
:-(

I have tested it in another distribution with a different version of MPlayer:
now the video does NOT stop, but the synchronization between video and audio is
wrong - i.e. audio is behind video.

I am not sure if the best idea would be to repeat the full process again,
starting
from the vob files.

Thanks for your help,

--
Javi,         _____           address@hidden
                |             http://www.europa3.com/users/fjherna/
     \_____(X)_(_)_(X)_____/  http://www.valux.org/
"Who cares if it doesn't do anything?  It was made with our new
Triple-Iso-Bifurcated-Krypton-Gate-MOS process ..."