Re: renaming "vertical spacing inside systems" props

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: renaming "vertical spacing inside systems" props
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 18:17:10 -0700 (PDT)

Okay, it looks like we're converging here...

Renaming proposals, round 4:

CURRENT NAME       PROPOSED NAME
------------       -------------
next-staff         staff-staff
default-next-staff default-staff-staff

inter-staff        nonstaff-relatedstaff
inter-loose-line   nonstaff-nonstaff
non-affinity       nonstaff-unrelatedstaff

between-staff      withingroup-staff-staff
after-last-staff   staffgroup-staff

It seems that no one here is opposed to the odd-looking
compound words ("withingroup", "relatedstaff" etc.), which
surprises me a little.  They remind me of the common
mistake of reading "manslaughter" as "man's laughter"...
Anyway, if nobody minds these, I guess I don't mind either.

And lastly, I still think reference/opposite is better than
related/unrelated:

nonstaff-referencestaff
nonstaff-oppositestaff

But I won't protest.  Any last thoughts/votes, or should I
go ahead with the proposals listed above?

- Mark